Digital Publications Canadian Coast Guard
Table of Contents
- Launched Notices to Mariners website -- www.notmar.gc.ca (1995)
- Discontinued the hard-copy distribution of the Notices to
Mariners Monthly Edition and transition to digital (2010)
- Reviewed existing distribution channels for all Coast Guard
Publications to identify improvements and efficiencies (2011)
- Decision taken to discontinue the hard-copy distribution of
all publications and transition to digital following cost-benefit
- Consulted with Transport Canada and Canadian
Hydrographic Services to ensure regulatory requirements
continue to be met (2012)
- Canadian Aids to Navigation System: Providing descriptions and
locations of external aids to navigation – lights, buoys, lightstations,
fog signals, and more – to help mariners navigate safely.
- Ice Navigation in Canadian Waters: Providing critical information
for ice navigation.
- Radio Aids to Marine Navigation: Providing information on radio
communications, radio navigational aids services provided in
Canada by the Canadian Coast Guard as well as Environment
Canada marine and ice products and services.
Publication Portfolio (cont'd)
- List of Lights, Buoys and Fog Signals: Providing key information
on lighted aids to navigation.
- Notices to Mariners Annual Edition: Providing a breadth of
important information for marine navigation in Canada.
- Notices to Mariners Monthly Edition*: Providing essential
monthly updates to charts and publications, including newly
discovered hazards to navigation.
* The Monthly Edition has only been available in digital format since 2010.
- Provides access to the latest maritime navigation safety
- Allows users to view and download complete publications for
- Creates more flexibility to search for information
- Eliminates the need to transcribe changes
- Forms part of the Canadian Coast Guard’s drive towards the
digital future navigation
- Meets the stringent navigational requirements of the
- Continue consultation with industry, clients and stakeholders
including dealer distribution network
- Provide advance notification to clients to bring awareness to
- Transition to digital publications by April 1, 2013
The following document is available for downloading or viewing:
Digital Publications Canadian Coast Guard (1.4 MB)
To access the Portable Document Format (PDF) version you must have a PDF reader installed. If you do not already have such a reader, there are numerous PDF readers available for free download or for purchase on the Internet:
To order this document by e-mail, contact us at:firstname.lastname@example.org