Standing Committee on Domestic Vessel Regulatory Oversight
Working Group on Tug and Barge
National CMAC meeting April 23 to 26, 2012
Co-Chaired by: Julie Gascon, Domestic Vessel Regulatory Oversight, Marine Safety, TC
Cliff Harvey, Flag State Inspection Standards, Domestic Vessel Regulatory
Oversight, Marine Safety, TC
Phil Nelson, Council of Marine Carriers
David Kattler, BC Ferry and Marine Workers Union
Date: Wednesday, April 25, 2012
Time: 8:30 hrs to 16:30 hrs
Room: Main Hall (Ground Floor)
- Introduction and Approval of Agenda.
- Discussion regarding the proposed Vessel Certificate and Inspection Regulations
(Caitlin O’Boyle, TC).
- Discussion regarding the Safety Management Systems (SMS) revised Discussion Paper
(Ryan Coates, TC).
- Service Standards and User Fees:
• Board of Steamship Inspection Scale of Fees (Julie Gason).
• Service Standards (Christine Arsenault).
- Update on IMO Sub-committee Flag State Inspection (FSI) 20th session (Ryan Coates, TC).
- Update on the Small Vessel Compliance Program (Blue Decal Initiative)
(Jeannie Stewart-Smith, TC).
- Small Vessel Discussions:
• Small Commercial Vessel Industry Group – Pacific (Steve Daigle).
• Small Commercial Vessel Association – Ontario (Armin Grigaitis and Matt Overend).
- Update on Tugs and Barges – Over-wintering Study.
- Other Business.
- Tentative agenda items for the next National CMAC meeting.
The following document is available for downloading or viewing:
Standing Committee on Domestic Vessel Regulatory Oversight (34 KB)
To access the Portable Document Format (PDF) version you must have a PDF reader installed. If you do not already have such a reader, there are numerous PDF readers available for free download or for purchase on the Internet:
To order this document by e-mail, contact us at:firstname.lastname@example.org