Standing Committee on the Environment
Working Group on Air Emissions
Working Group on Ballast Water
Working Group on Environmental Response
National CMAC meeting April 23 to 26, 2012
Chaired by: Paul Topping, Environmental Protection, Marine Safety, TC
Date: Wednesday, April 25, 2012
Time: 08:30 hrs to 16:30 hrs
Room: Sussex Room (Ground Floor)
- Introduction and Approval of Agenda.
- Report of the Working Group on Ballast Water (Chris Wiley, TC).
- Report of the Working Group on Environmental Response (Josée Lamoureux, TC).
- Report of the Working Group on Air Emissions (Naomi Katsumi, TC).
- International Maritime Organization initiatives:
• Special Areas under Annex IV to MARPOL (Sewage) to control nutrients.
• IMO framework for reducing GHGs from vessels.
• OPRC Convention and the OPRC-HNS Protocol.
• Recycling of Vessels.
• Review of Annex V of MARPOL.
- Vessel Pollution and Dangerous Chemicals Regulations.
- International pollution liability and compensation.
- Emerging work on abandoned vessels.
- Integrated Ocean Management Plans (Fisheries and Oceans Canada).
- Response regime for hazardous and noxious substances (HNS).
- Regional Issues.
- Green shipping – GreenTech 2012 – May 29 to 30, 2012, Quebec City, Quebec.
- Industry presentations.
- Other business.
- Tentative agenda items for the next National CMAC meeting.
The following document is available for downloading or viewing:
To access the Portable Document Format (PDF) version you must have a PDF reader installed. If you do not already have such a reader, there are numerous PDF readers available for free download or for purchase on the Internet:
To order this document by e-mail, contact us at:email@example.com